Home / News / Tragedy: Power Bank Explodes and Burns Down Building In Nairobi

Tragedy: Power Bank Explodes and Burns Down Building In Nairobi

villa-1

A building was burnt down in one of the high-end Nairobi estates on Wednesday after a power bank reportedly exploded in one of the rooms. 
 
According to The Kenyans, the residential building located in Kileleshwa estates burned down when the power bank, which was charging, exploded sparking a fire that swiftly spread around the house.
 
“The house owner’s son had left his power bank charging and it set fire to curtains. We tried to fight the fire but it got out of control,” a neighbour divulged.
 
Speaking about the incident, a security guard identified as Simon Mwangi, who witnessed the incident said the fire started around 3am.
 
He said the incident which happened at Villas Apartment, sparked panic forcing residents near the building to be evacuated as the affected floor was badly damaged.
 
“Some residents left their houses and went to spend the night elsewhere,” Mr Mwangi was quoted by a local daily.
 
It took firefighters close to an hour to put out the fire that was almost spreading to surrounding houses.


You May Like:

Loading...

About CrackmixeR

Check Also

See Photos & Video From An Accident That Occured Along OillMill – Tank East West Road Rumuokurusi Port Harcourt

According to witnesses at the scene, the man in the picture above happened to be …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *